Making EVM RPC calls
RPC (Remote Procedure Call) is a collection of protocols and interfaces through which the client communicates with the blockchain system. The user can utilize the RPC interface to retrieve blockchain-related information (such as block number, blocks, node connectivity, and so on) and make transaction requests.
- Select RPC calls from the Developer option on the navigation bar.
- To get details about EVM transactions like contract deployment, state changing calls, etc, select eth -> getTransactionReceipt(hash). Enter the EVM transaction hash that you want to inspect, and click on Submit RPC call.
- Other RPC endpoints that might be useful for Ethereum developers are as follows:
- getBlockByHash(hash, full) : Get EVM block details by its hash
- getBalance(address, number): Fetch balance of the provided H160 (Ethereum) Address
- getBlockByNumber(block, full): Get EVM block details by its block number